Arcane Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!

Go down 
+3
Pepchoninga
Blazer Slater
Nottu the Evoker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! Empty
PostSubject: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Hey all. Minerva (F0rtunate Chaos/Pegasus) here needing your help!

As you may have noticed, ADA is without a Shop. I've not got too many ideas for items to put in it yet other than the very very basics.

So I would like to ask you all, the members, for your input on the matter. What would you like to see in the shop (if we open one) ?
Back to top Go down
Blazer Slater

Blazer Slater

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Custom titles, GFX license, Art license, Dorm re-tests, tournament license. That's all I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah, those are most of the basics I was thinking of. Anything else we'd like?
Back to top Go down
Pepchoninga

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 3:14 am

Custom Awesomenes maybe?? XD
Back to top Go down
Emperor Of Prophecy

Emperor Of Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 5:20 am

shops - gfx / deck etc
name change
custom titel
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Emperor Of Prophecy

Emperor Of Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:01 am

no glow only for heads.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:00 am

I haven't even added glows to anything yet.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:33 am

Do we even have a currency system yet? How to get said currency, how much to give/recieve for things? I'm not the best at ideas for the shop, but knowing what we get would help with at least prices and knowing how much of things to add... maybe.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:11 am

I have a Currency system set up, but have yet to use it.

If we don't want the shop, then I won't use the DP system.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:31 am

If you don't do the shop, what would be the way to earn retests?
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:37 am

Hmm. Alternative method would be post count? Or just implement a "Retest once per month" rule.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:40 am

Only issue is neither necessarily prove they've improved enough for the retest. Although they'd be better then nothing, at least.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 am

Easy. With Teachers, we provide weekly lessons. As long as a student is posting in regards to the lesson each week for the month, the can get the retest. And I mean they have to participate in the lessons, not just post saying "Good read" or something.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:45 am

That's a more fair way to do it, if we do away with the shop. I mean, can still do the shop, I won't be buying much as I don't need spiffy but I wouldn't deny others the option.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:49 am

And every academy seems to do a shop..so...we can be different.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 am

We could, but a reward for posts couldn't hurt. As long as they're relevent posts then having them get something for it would help promote productivity.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 am

Rewards are good. But do we really need a currency system like everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:26 am

I only said rewards, I didn't say currency. If you don't want currency but want to reward people, the how and why aren't up to me. Also, if you do or don't isn't up to me.
Back to top Go down
LastHopeKy

LastHopeKy

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 am

Currency is popular, both on other forums and in the real world, for the reason that it is easy to understand, easy to enforce the value of, and can be used in any transaction when trying to acquire goods or services. Non-currency systems tend to have difficulties with one of the above; they're either hard for the common folk to understand and utilize properly, they aren't a consistently usable method of purchasing goods or services (what do you mean you don't accept bananas for iPhones? Get it, because Apple... Never mind), or you can't enforce their value... That last bit is less of an issue on the internet, but it's still important to keep in mind if you want to enable a trade function on this site and don't want people trading the wrong things in order to gain rewards they don't deserve.

Given the above necessities, an alternative system needs to fulfill the requirements of being simple enough to grasp so people don't accidentally misuse them, easy enough to utilize so they don't alienate people who don't want to spend four hours on every transaction, and you need them to be consistent and enforceable simply to maintain their integrity as rewards rather than big numbers to show off underneath your avatar.

Off the top of my head.

This is fairly similar in spirit to currency, but more specialized, helps expedite achievements with certain requirements, and maintains the spellcaster spirit of the site. Give people differently-colored "spell shards" for different contributions to the site. Posting a good response to a lesson gives you a red shard, assisting another person with their Deck awards a green shard, stuff like that. Differently colored shards can be combined to "cast spells" so to speak, or basically unlock functions of the site. For example, three red "lesson completion" shards can combine with three yellow "participated in an event" shards might combine to form a spell that can be cast to start a student-run academic project which they will have mod status (or some other position of power) over. Things like that, that prove people are contributing meaningfully to the site and getting powers that relate to their strong points in terms of what they can contribute in.

Well, a more practical example might be three red shards and one other-color shard for something rules-related to earn a test, but yeah.

Just food for thought. I'll post more ideas in several hours, but I need to go now. See you everybody!

Last edited by LastHopeKy on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 am

Spell Shards....I like that.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:54 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!   The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ADA Shop - Ideas Needed!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arcane Duel Academy :: 
Central Tower
 :: Suggestions
-
Jump to: