Arcane Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything to Know About: Spell Shards

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

Everything to Know About: Spell Shards Empty
PostSubject: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Spell Shards are the currency used here at ADA. These Shards are used to buy items from the Shops. The shops include the Main ADA Shop, the Deck Shops and the GFX Shops.

Spell Shards come in various colours and each colour is awarded for different things. By having enough of a certain kind of shard(s), you can unlock rights on the site such as a Dorm Retest, Deck Shops, etc.

How to Earn Them

Shards are rewarded to students who participate in lessons and discussions posted by the Teachers. It is also a prize from:
Duel Arena
Fortune Arena
Events
Tournaments.

Lesson participation (as deemed by the teacher) can earn you a Ruby Shard. Ruby Spell Shards can earn you Dorm Retests and can be used with a Topaz Shard as entry for certain tournaments.

The Vs Arena awards Topaz Shards to those who win a Single Duel, or awards 2 Topaz Shards for those who win a Match Duel 2-1. Sapphire Shards go to those who win a Match 2-0. Topaz Shards can be used with Ruby Shards for certain Tournament entry fees or used as regular currency in the Main Shop. Sapphire Shards can unlock Deck Shop Rights when you have enough and combine them with Diamond Shards.

Deck Profiles, at Teacher and testers' discretion, can award Sapphire and/or Diamond Shards. Diamond Shards are necessary for the right to an Archmage Exam OR can be used as a substitute for any other shard. (1 Diamond is worth 2 Sapphire, or 3 Topaz, or 4 Ruby).

Diamond Shards are sometimes given as a prize in tournaments or events, so be watchful!

How to Use Spell Shards

Dorm Tests require you to have 3 Ruby Shards. Ruby Shards only last for 4 weeks at a time, so Lesson participation is very much recommended to keep up on these. (These are the only Shards that have a time limit)If you have 3 or more Ruby Shards, you can request a Dorm Retest item from the Shop.

Topaz Shards are used as currency for Deck Shops and to purchase other items in the Main Shop such as Username Changes or Custom Titles. They are also used in combination for Tournament Fees. They can also be traded in for a Sapphire Shard if you have enough.

Deck Shop Licenses can be purchased by those who have earned enough Sapphire and Diamond Shards.

Sapphire Shards can also be used with Topaz Shards to grant the right to an Graphics Shop, where you can offer your art, banners, avatars, or any GFX work to others for a price you deem appropriate.

Archmage Exams are the most expensive item to purchase and require a good amount of Diamond Shards to get.

More may be added later when new updates happen, so check back once in a while!

If you have further questions regarding Spell Shards, please post it below.

Last edited by Nottu the Evoker on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:49 am

Some minor spelling issues. 'sued' in the first line was probably suppose to be 'used' instead. And forgot your y in what I think is suppose to be they when talking about the tests that testers give.

If it was anyone else, I'd ignore this. But it's you, so fix it naow.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:00 am

Fixed. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 am

Hey, I'll point out your screw ups anytime for ya, Nottu.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Updated. New name and set up for currency
Back to top Go down
LastHopeKy

LastHopeKy

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Eh. That sort of defeats the point of the colors. When I suggested the idea, it was to promote expedience. If a person had the right color shards, any mod would know, for example, that they had completed lessons, or whatever, without needing to search out their posts to make sure they'd done lessons before their test if you wanted to require lessons between tests.

Of course, if you don't want to make such requirements outside numeric values, then this works.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Sorry, could you reiterate? I must've misunderstood you before.
Back to top Go down
LastHopeKy

LastHopeKy

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:44 am

Basically, certain things in academies might have requirements before you're allowed to do them. Two popular ones that I've seen have been that you need to complete a certain number of the academies' lessons (those things we did weekly at ODA, y'know? XD) before you're allowed to take another dorm test, and that you need to offer a certain number of high-standard deck critiques or reviews before you're allowed to sell people Decks. Things like that. With a color shard system, what I was hoping to accomplish was for admins to give people those shards on the spot for having made one of those contributions. Then, when somebody wanted to buy something from a mod or whatever, you wouldn't have to check to see if they'd done lessons or helped people with their Decks or anything; you'd just see that they have enough of the right type of shard and be like "k cool, here ya go".

Again, it's only if you're planning on including requirements like having to do lessons to take tests and such. If not, you're all good.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 12:51 am

No I like that. Will rework this set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything to Know About: Spell Shards   Everything to Know About: Spell Shards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everything to Know About: Spell Shards
Page 1 of 1