Arcane Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza

Go down 
+2
Magical Girl
Nottu the Evoker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza Empty
PostSubject: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Good morrow to you Guest. Nottu here with the exciting news about our very first event ever: The Caster's Extravaganza.

What is the Caster's Extravaganza?

This event is open to anyone and everyone here at ADA. It is a contest of spells and magic. Who can prove themselves the strongest of the Casters?

Each participant builds a deck that is either Spellcaster-based or focuses on a particular Spellcaster-type monster. Round one of the contest will be having the decks judged.

After that, round moves on to the actual wizard's duel, in which participants will duel Round Robin style to prove their Casting superiority.

Each match will yield x amount of points based on the outcome.

2-0 = 10 Points
2-1 = 5 Points
1-2 = 2 Points
0-2 = 0 Points

After the end of the Round Robin, the player(s) with the most points will be awarded the honorary Title of Master Caster as well as a position as a Teacher for the academy.

The prizes this time around may not seem like a lot, but bear in mind this is our first event so the prizes will only get better with each passing event.

Sign up below if you're interested in joining, I will have a full detailed sign-up thread and rules posted later.

I hope to see lots of you join this one! Thanks for stopping by!

Back to top Go down
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:42 pm

I am in.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Of Prophecy

Emperor Of Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:10 pm

i guess i can join in
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:50 am

I got... I almost said one, but I got two or three. So, sure, I'm in. I'll lose, but I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:03 am

Three so far. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:33 am

All I need is a deck with at least a spellcaster the deck focuses on, so that's my old fav at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 1:04 pm

...Yeah. HE works for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Of Prophecy

Emperor Of Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 pm

meng not sure waht ill use.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:15 am

You have plenty of time to decide.
Back to top Go down
Maxou

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am

inb4 everyone shaddoll
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:29 am

Everyone can't use Shaddoll anyway. You'll see once the actual rules and sign is posted.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Of Prophecy

Emperor Of Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:01 pm

meng no shaddolls Sad
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:19 pm

...I didn't say No Shaddolls. I said not everyone can use them.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:52 am

Yeah, everyone using Shaddolls is just a derptastic mirror matchup all day. I figure we'll end up each having a specific deck to run or the like.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 am

Basically once a deck choice is made, no one else may use that particular choice, even variants.

So if someone chooses Shaddolls, no one else can choose a Shaddoll deck, even if its ShaddollSworn or another variant thereof.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:07 am

And we're not picking now, so no laying claim to a deck just yet.
Back to top Go down
LastHopeKy

LastHopeKy

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:12 am

Nottu the Evoker wrote:
Basically once a deck choice is made, no one else may use that particular choice, even variants.

So if someone chooses Shaddolls, no one else can choose a Shaddoll deck, even if its ShaddollSworn or another variant thereof.

Exactly how specifically will this be enforced? Where does the line blur between a Deck and another Deck that uses the first archetype without it being the focus? For example, if somebody picked Lightsworns, would that prevent another player from using ShaddollSworn or Chaos Dragons? Give me some examples here, man.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 am

It mostly would be the dominate card type. And, well, there has to be SO leeway due to the spellcaster deck or spellcaster-focused. In the end, it will probably be up to the Admin himself to draw that line should it come up.
Back to top Go down
LastHopeKy

LastHopeKy

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:39 am

That is true. Spellcasters-only is certainly restrictive enough to require leeway for everybody to have the opportunity to bring a competent Deck to bear.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:43 am

He's mostly just trying to cut back on copy-pasted tier'd decks or current metas. Not much of a competition when all the decks are only one or two archtypes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza   Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming Soon: The Arcane Duel Academy Caster's Extravaganza
Page 1 of 1