Arcane Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Melodious Archetype

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

Melodious Archetype Empty
PostSubject: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:03 am

"Melodious", also known as "Fantasia" (幻げん奏そう Gensō) in the OCG, is an archetype of female LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters used by Yuzu Hiragi in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V.

Design
Appearance
So far, "Melodious" monsters are female creatures wearing flowing, regal clothing. They also feature various music-related objects on their bodies such as musical notes. Another example is that the wings of "Mozarta the Melodious Maestra" have a piano-key design to them.

Etymology
The archetype's Japanese name, "Gensō" (幻奏), is a word play; it is "illusion" (幻想) written with the Kanji of "playing music" (奏). The monsters' descriptions also have similar word plays; the "oto" from "Otome" ("Maiden") and "Otohime" ("Prima") are written with the Kanji of "sound" (音).

The "Melodious Diva" monsters are named after famous styles and themes of music while "Melodious Maestra" monsters are named after composers of classical music.

Playing style
The "Melodious" monsters focus on Special Summoning. They usually either have effects that Special Summon, like "Sonata the Melodious Diva" or that activate if they were Special Summoned, like "Elegy the Melodious Diva". They also include cards like "Laureate Francois the Melodious Prima" to help keeping hand advantage to keep Special Summoning monsters.

Recommended cards
Using "Tethys, Goddess of Light" can assist in hand advantage, while "Shining Angel" and "Nova Summoner" can to help Special Summon "Sonata the Melodious Diva" in an alternative method or simply use her effect when you control other "Melodious" monster. Use "Athena" to send "Mozarta the Melodious Maestra" to the Graveyard in order to re-use her effect.

Source: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Melodious
Back to top Go down
Emperor Of Prophecy

Emperor Of Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:13 pm

interesting to read
Back to top Go down
Blazer Slater

Blazer Slater

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Interesting read. The question I have about the cards are how well do they work?
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks. I would have made it much more interesting to read but the site decided to erase my entire page I typed when I posted it originally.

As for how well they work, I've seen them in action a couple times and they can be pretty fast when they play right. Its all a matter of being able to Special Summon. You can ask Netoow for better answers on the deck since he's playing them now.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah, I took to using them as soon as Dueling Network put up the first three of them. I really like them myself, but anything that hits SSing can really hurt the deck. Steelswarm Roach, for instance, really hurts them. Since unlike most swarming decks, their goal is high-levels and from the hand.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:00 am

Plus, they're all LIGHT which makes them just as vulnerable to the side-dekc counters for Lightsworns.
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 am

That they are. Their side deck has to almost be solely set up to give them an opening against those counters. Gotta try to counter the counter.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 am

So what do you think works well with the deck so far? I know I suggested Summoner Monks before but have you any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:28 am

Master Hyperion gives the deck something to both blow up cards with and easily make rank 8's, especially if you used Mozarta to summon him. Photon Lead and Sanctuary have both served me well. Lead for the same reason as Monk for helping, it can SS Aria and Serenade for their effects. Lead for Aria has actually won me duels. And Sanctuary gives you two tokens that can be used to tribute summon Mozarta or the other big ones in case you can't get any other way to get her or the other 7+ stars out.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:38 am

Have you given thought to Tethys?
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 am

I've never been much for Tethys. Wouldn't be a bad idea for a few extra draws, but I normally don't like cards that are only in for draw power when something else could be far more effective. I'll try a version with it, if only because I never like to rule out cards til I've run them. I can at least vouch for Athena's usefulness, since she was up there with the other general idea support cards. Really don't care for Nova or Shining as they only get the one that can SS herself and isn't very key to the deck. They could possibly get Serenade but she's a bit too frail to want to summon in attack mode.
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 am

And do you forsee any potential Chaos variants with the Melodious?
Back to top Go down
Netoow

Netoow

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:28 am

Not really. The two biggest of them, Mozarta and Luceata, make it harder to use Dark monsters. Mozarta stops you from SSing non-lights and Lucreata won't let you use their effects. I could be a bit wrong on the last one, don't end up needing to that often but believe I'm right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melodious Archetype   Melodious Archetype I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melodious Archetype
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arcane Duel Academy :: 
Classroom
 :: Deck Discussion
-