Arcane Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Malicevorous Silverware

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MonteTribal

MonteTribal

Malicevorous Silverware Empty
PostSubject: Malicevorous Silverware   Malicevorous Silverware I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:59 am

Hey guys. Monte here with a new article. It is absolutely, 100% not competitive, but I'll be if this archetype doesn't make me chuckle and want to play them.

The Malicevorous are a set of 3 monsters, all level 2 DARK fiends. They do nothing overly special, except special summon themselves. They have no other powerful effects. But, if you have 1 of the Silverware, their effects make it so you can usually get to another. They first appeared in Zexal, being used by Number 96, to make Number 96: Dark Mist. Dark Mist is a powerful card, able to defeat almost any creature in battle.

Malicevorous Fork

Probably the most useful of the bunch. Fork let's you discard any fiend to special summon it. This is useful because it opens up a discard outlet for you, but also Fork makes for easy Rank 2 plays.

Malicevorous Knife

Knife is their archetype support. When he is summoned, special summon another Melicevorous monster from the grave. Again, a piece of a rank 2 engine.

Malicevorous Spoon

Spoon is more generic, and again, makes for easy Rank 2. When a Malicevorous is summoned, Spoon summons any level 2 Fiend from your grave.

Alone, these cards are weak. Some weaker than others, but still weak. And together, they are still kind of weak, but they allow for some interesting plays. Level 2 is an odd level to work with. Mostly, it was a Synchro support level (Quillbolt Hedgehog, Synchron Explorer) but there are some other level 2 that can be paired with these little buggers.

====================================

Evil HERO Infernal Prodigy

Another level 2 fiend who special summons himself. This one via a Cyber dragon-like effect. It also has a secondary effect: tributing it for a HERO monster nets you a free card. Nice, but very limited.

As it would happen, there are a few HEROs that I want to talk about here.

D-HERO Dasher - level 6

With 2100 attack, and a pumping ability, this seems kind of good. Especially because he pumps himself by sac'ing another monster. He also let's you special summon ANY MONSTER (that allows itself to be summoned) once per duel. Neat.

D HERO Double Dude - level 6

Very lack luster. Summons tokens when he dies. MEh, bad.

D HERO Malicious - Level 6

Here we go! The spam master himself. Summons a copy by banishing a dead version.

E HERO Necroshade - level 5

Normals summons an E HERO without tributes when he is dead. Good in general, but very bad here.

E HERO poison rose - level 6

totally useless here. Needs rose bud to be used at all. We dont want rose bud.

Ev HERO Malicious Edge - level 7

Allows himself to be tribute summoned for only 1 monster if your opponent has a monster. Was literally made to work with Prodigy. 2600 attack, and piercing, and a free card is nice.

Of all these heros, I only like 2. Malicious and Dasher. And even then, only 1 Dasher.

What else can we add to this idea. level 2 fiends... hmm. Oh, I know.

Giant Germ!

Perfect. Level 2, fiend, who can special himself! (kinda...) And burns your opponent, even better. It's like the mirror of Nimble Momonga! And Germ is recyclable with Spoon, bonus burn!

And while it's not level 2, Goblin King can also make a splash. He buffs himself because of your fiends, and Malicevorous love to make you have a bunch of fiends.

You know what else works well with level 2? Junk Synchron. Easily searchable, opens up more for your extra deck, and special summons your Silverware! Hey, and it fits. Junky Silverware!

You know what else is good with fiends? Darkness Neosphere. Summoning a 4000/4000 out of nowhere is definitely a good play. And it throws a fiend into the grave for Knife or Spoon.

Every deck needs it's support. What works with Malicevorous? Well, there are exactly 0 support cards for these guys. None at all. So we'll need to find som egeneric stuff to work.

Allure of Darkness is an obvious pick. Draw spells are nice.

Creature swap also works. "Here, take my useless thing.=, I want your not useless thing."

We have enough grave usage, so we don't really need Graceful Revival or Call of the Haunted. So battle traps might be nice for protection.

Other traps are probably some new stuff you've never heard of. Nothing very amazing, but they fit in the deck and have unique and/or strong effects/

A Major Upset is one. Tribute a level 2, bounce all level 7 and higher monsters. Annihilates Synchros.

The other is Hate Buster. When your opponent tries to attack one of your little dudes, destroy your dude to destroy the attacking monster and deal damage based on its attack.

===================================

Extra deck

Not much to say here. Rank 2s will be a large part of it.

Armored Kappa, Gachi Gachi Gantesu, 96: Dark Mist, Daigusto Phoenix, Djinn Buster, Herald of Pure Light, and Ghostrick Socuteboss are the better of the list.

Junk Synchron opens up a few Synchro options.

Level 5 is obvious, but honestly, you can get up to 11 stars pretty easily. Have spoon out. normal summon Junk. activate Junk, special a Malicevorous from the grave. Have Spoon summon another thing. 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 11. So levels 5,7,9, and 11 are all options for you.

Here is the final list I decided on.

Malicevorous Silverware 6orTvvH

3 Fork
3 Knife
3 Spoon
3 Germs
2 Goblin King
2 Hedge Hog (could probably drop to 1)
3 Junk Synchron
Darkness Neosphere

3 MST
2 Creature Swap
Dark Hole
Book of Moon
Foolish Burial
Allure of Darkness

3 Fiendish Chain
2 Mirror Force
2 Dimensional Prison
EEV
Solemn Warning
Bottomless traphole
Torrential Tribute

Junk Warrior
Ally of justice Catastor
Black Rose Dragon
Ancient Fairy Dragon
Myst Wurn
Giganticastle
Star Eater
Gachi Gachi Gantesu
Gachi Gachi Gantesu
Daigusto Phoenix
Ghostrick Socuteboss
Ghostrick Socuteboss
96: Dark Mist
Herald of Pure Light

=====================================

Well, I hope everyone at least found the deck idea humorous. I enjoy it, And would like to build it IRL. If just as a causal deck without some of the better cards. The cards are just so weird. I love it. It would be nice to see an Evil Picnic archetype evolve from these guys.

So guys, have fun. Keep dueling. And may the deals be ever in your favor
Back to top Go down
Nottu the Evoker
Admin
Nottu the Evoker

Malicevorous Silverware Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malicevorous Silverware   Malicevorous Silverware I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:22 am

Never thought twice about Malvericious before. Nice read. Looking forward to you first lesson Monte! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Malicevorous Silverware
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Arcane Duel Academy :: 
Classroom
 :: Deck Discussion
-
Jump to: